Archie Gun and Knife Show, February 28th, 29th and March 1st, Archie Community Center. Show hours are Friday 4-8, Saturday 9-5 and Sunday 9-2, $5 per day, veterans with ID and kids under 10 are free. Enjoy a steak dinner on Friday night and tenderloins on Saturday. There will be a knife sharpener on hand to sharpen knives. All of this is sponsored by the Adrian Elks Lodge. Archie Gun and Knife Show, February 28th, 29th and March 1st, Archie Community Center located at 34800 Butcher Road in Archie. For more information, contact Allen Page, 660-679-1360.
What: Vernon County Route O CLOSED between Halley Road and Indian Line Road north of Nevada to allow MoDOT crews to replace a deteriorating drain pipe underneath the road
When: 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 21
- Vernon County Route O CLOSED only where crews are set up working
- Drivers will be able to get to driveways and entrances on either side of the work zone, but will not be able to travel through the work zone
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes. No signed detours are planned.
- Electronic message boards located near the planned road work will alert drivers to any changes in the work schedule
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
(Weather and/or construction delays will alter the work schedule)
MU Extension is cooperating with Joplin Regional Stockyards to conduct a heifer development workshop in Nevada Mo, at the Centennial Building at the Vernon County Fairgrounds on March 12th. Dr. Jordan Thomas, MU Extension Assistant Professor in Animal Science and state beef cattle reproduction specialist, and Dr. Eric Bailey, MU Extension Assistant Professor in Animal Science and state beef cattle nutrition specialist will lead the workshop discussion. Discussion topics include:
• How do you select a replacement heifer?
• What are the best options for nutritional management of a replacement heifer?
• How do you manage for heifers to breed back and stay in the herd as cows?
The workshop will begin with dinner at 6:00 p. m. The event is free to the public but to attend register by March 6th by contacting the Vernon County MU Extension Center at (417) 448-2560.
You can also register online at https://extension2.missouri.edu/events/heifer-development-workshop-nevada.
Gospel Group Mercy Well’s will hold a concert at the Happy Hill Church of God on Saturday, February 22nd beginning at 7pm
Mercy’s Well had their first Top 80 single in 2005 and have continued to product chart topping singles.
Happy Hill Church of God is located at 901 S. Main Street in Butler, and a love offering will be taken that evening.
Pastor Ron Dunlap invites everyone to come and hear this amazing group this Saturday.