OUR STATUS: BCMH continues to periodically receive COVID-19 vaccines. As of March 15, 2021, individuals who qualify for Phase 1B, Tier 3 will be eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccines state-wide, according to Missouri’s vaccination plan.
Who is eligible?
In Missouri, individuals who currently qualify for the current phases/tiers include:
- Healthcare workers
- Longterm-care facility residents
- Public Health Administrators and Staff, Law Enforcement, Fire Services, Corrections, Emergency Management, Public Works, Emergency Services
- Anyone aged 65 and older
- Adults over the age of 18 at increased risk for severe illness with the following conditions: cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease), Intellectual and/or developmental disabilities such as Down syndrome, Heart Conditions such as heart failure, CAD (coronary artery disease) or cardiomyopathies, Immunocompromised state from solid organ transplant, Severe Obesity (BMI >40kg/m2), Pregnancy, Sickle Cell Disease, or Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus.
- Critical infrastructure occupations: Educators – Pre-K – 12, Licensed Childcare Facilities, Communications Sector, Dams Sector, Energy Sector, Food/Agriculture Sector – including grocery and convenience store workers, Government, Information Technology Sector, Nuclear Reactors, Materials, and Waste Sector; Transportation Systems Sector, Water and Wastewater Systems Sector.
Sign Up for the Vaccine
As COVID-19 vaccines become more available, you may be able to get the vaccine at local pharmacies or health departments. BCMH holds vaccine clinics when we receive a supply. BCMH Vaccine clinics are by appointment only.
- Sign up for Bates County Memorial Hospital’s contact list for the COVID-19 vaccine by calling our COVID-19 Vaccine Hotline: 660-200-7046.
- Use Missouri’s COVID-19 Vaccine Navigator, a secure online registry tool for all Missouri residents to sign up for the vaccine. Those who do not have online access may call Missouri’s COVID-19 hotline at 877-435-8411.
What will the CoVID-19 Vaccine Cost?
Patients will have no out-of-pocket cost to receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Learn about COVID-19 vaccines from trusted sources.
- Missouri’s vaccine website – mostopscovid.com
- Bates County Health Center
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs from KU Health System
- COVID-19 Vaccine FAQs from the Missouri Hospital Association (MHA)
- Beware of scams related to COVID-19 vaccines. Learn more from Medicare.gov
BCMH CoVID-19 Vaccine News
A CoVID-19 Virtual Forum was recorded on Dec. 16, 2020, featuring our Director of Pharmacy and a panel of physicians answering questions from our community about COVID-19 and COVID-19 vaccines.