Bates County Memorial Hospital continues to see high demand for testing for respiratory illnesses including COVID-19. As COVID-19 cases continue to rise, our emergency room and Family Care Clinic staff are feeling the strain. Please be aware that:
– Testing for COVID-19 is not available for non-emergency patients in our Emergency department; please reserve the ER for those who are suffering a medical emergency.
– Testing is not offered for well patients in our Drive-Thru Clinic.
– The High Street Drive-Thru Clinic is not for well patients; it is a sick clinic for testing/evaluation/treatment of patients with mild to moderate symptoms. Call 660-200-3627 to schedule.
– The Drive-Thru Clinic is not a free testing site; patient or patient’s insurance will be charged for a provider visit and testing or labs performed.
– Testing is available for non-symptomatic patients as an in-clinic visit at Family Care Clinic on a limited basis, and only for patients who have not had a recent positive COVID test and need
testing for: pre-procedure; travel or employer-requested testing.
– Especially during this current wave, appointments are limited for both drive-thru (M,W,F) and well patient clinic appointments.
– Our emergency room is very busy – but we’re here for you in a medical emergency. If you have a respiratory illness and are having troubling symptoms (for example, having trouble breathing, persistent pain or pressure in the chest, new confusion, inability to wake or stay awake, pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone), get emergency medical care right away.Additional Testing ResourcesPlease search for retail pharmacy options for on-demand testing. Below are a few additional resources for testing.
– The Missouri Dept. of Health (DHSS) offers several free testing events in Kansas City every week. Please note these events are subject to change due to weather. Before heading to an event during these times, it is best to check and make sure the event has not been cancelled. The phone number for the cancellation schedule is 417-362-6398. Check the schedule for KC and other surrounding regions here: https://bit.ly/3eWz9lr
– LabCorp offers appointments at a LabCorp draw station, the cost is $119.00. The patient must pay for the test before they go to the collection site. Appointments are suggested to limit wait times. The closest sites to Bates County are in Lees Summit and Overland Park. Visit LabCorp website for testing details: https://bit.ly/3ERmquQ
– Summer’s Pharmacy of Butler: Call 660-679-5002
– CVS COVID Testing: https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing
– Walgreens COVID Testing: https://www.walgreens.com/findcare/covid19/testing
– CareNow Urgent Care COVID Testing: https://www.carenow.com/patien…/medical-tests/covid-