BUTLER, Mo. – This Valentine’s Day, consider doing something for your heart by attending the Bates County Memorial Hospital Cardiac Rehabilitation Center’s Open House.
As February 11-17 is National Cardiac Rehabilitation Week, BCMH is recognizing the week by hosting an Open House in Cardiac Rehab. The event will take place on Wednesday, February 14, from 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Staff members in our Cardiac Rehab Center will welcome visitors to take a tour, or just talk about the services available. Visitors will also be treated to refreshments and giveaways.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is an individualized and personalized treatment plan, including evaluation and instruction on physical activity, nutrition, stress management, and other health related areas. It is more than a medical treatment; it is the foundation for recovery from illness, surgery or other cardiac events. It can help restore quality of life, and leads to living a healthier lifestyle.
According to the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, the following are some of the benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation:
· Live longer and lessen your chances for another heart attack
· Control heart disease symptoms such as chest pain or shortness of breath
· Stop or reverse damage to your blood vessels in your heart
· Lessen the physical and emotional effects of heart disease
· Improve your stamina and strength, getting you back to your usual activities, including work, hobbies, and regular exercise
· Improve your confidence and well-being
Have you or someone you love suffered a cardiac-related event? Stop by the BCMH Cardiac Rehab Open House to talk to our trained staff members about the benefits of cardiac rehabilitation, eligibility requirements for the gym membership, or any other questions you may have about exercising and staying healthy with cardiac disease.