The City of Nevada would like to remind motorist and pedestrians of changes in traffic routes and patterns due to the Austin Street Bridge closure beginning on Tuesday September 7, 2021.
• South Elm Street between Maple & Sycamore Street will be closed.
• Please pay special attention to the tunnel height restrictions at the Walnut Street underpass. Low clearance signs are placed along the route for a reminder. The railroad bridge is marked 11’ 9”.
• The Intersection of Walnut & Osage will be right turn only. Motorist cannot cross Osage Blvd. heading east and west bound.
• The intersection at Hickory & Osage heading west-bound will be challenging due to low visibility looking north around the curve because of increased traffic from the detour. Please use extreme caution and good judgement crossing Osage Blvd.
• Heavy truck traffic and over size loads are prohibited on Hickory Street from Centennial Blvd. to Ash Street during the bridge closure. Local truck deliveries will be permitted. Signs are placed along Hickory Street for a reminder.
• Pedestrians and bicycle traffic are encouraged to use the Walnut Street underpass. Access to the east side of Nevada by walking, biking and electric wheelchairs is limited due to the bridge closure.
• Motorists and pedestrians are urged to exercise caution during this project and follow marked detour routes. We appreciate everyone’s patience.