Stockton, Mo.- “Proper management of sheep and goats is important for optimum operation productivity and profitability,” says Patrick Davis MU Extension Livestock Field Specialist. Therefore, MU Extension and Lincoln University Cooperative Extension will be providing an online fall sheep and goat production workshop series to discuss various strategies in operation management.
This workshop series will be held on October 11th, 18th and 26th beginning each evening at 7:00 p. m. The online workshop series will be held via ZOOM and once participants register; they will receive the link to login each evening. Topics covered by MU Extension and Lincoln University Cooperative Extension agriculture experts include:
- Forage and pasture management for optimum nutrition and health of sheep and goats
- Sheep and goat medicine wall
- Farm utilization of sheep and goat record keeping for optimum operation management
- Sheep and goat market outlook
- Nutrition and management preparation for winter as well as lambing and kidding season
This workshop is free to the public but please register for the workshop at: https://extension.missouri.edu/events/fall-online-sheep-and-goat-production-workshop-series. For all other questions please contact Davis at email@example.com or by phone at (417) 276-3313.