For those who are planning to attend the annual Papinville festival on September 24, Route B/Drainage Ditch Bridge will be OPEN for citizens to travel to the event.
Highway B/Drainage Ditch Bridge is located east out of Rich Hill and will be open for travel September 23-25. The bridge will then CLOSE for the duration of a replacement project. Contract completion date for the project remains December 1, 2023.
I would like to thank MODOT for working with my office’s request to have travel open that weekend. This avoided a detour situation. Papinville is a historic site for our area and their annual event supports their preservation efforts, as well as, providing a day of interesting activities for citizens.
Also travel to the McGennis Youth Center BBQ and Benefit Auction activities on Sunday, September 25, west of Rich Hill WILL NOT be impacted by any road issues. We are fortunate in our area to have so many festivals and events to enjoy around District 126 this Fall.
For more information, contact Representative Patricia Pike at 573-751-5388 or e-mail at Patricia.Pike@house.mo.gov.
TRAFFIC ALERT: Schedule Update for Bates Co. Route B/Drainage Ditch Bridge East of Rich Hill
What: Schedule for closure of Bates County Route B/Drainage Ditch bridge updated
- Bridge will CLOSE week of September 12 while contractor performs test drilling
- Bridge will temporarily OPEN to traffic in time for local community event September 23-25
- Bridge will CLOSE again for duration of replacement project
- Contract completion date for project remains December 1, 2023
- All lanes of Route B CLOSED where crews are working
- Drivers will be able to access entrances on either end of the bridge, but will not be able to travel through the work zone
- Drivers will be directed along a signed detour using Bates County Route N, Missouri Route 52, I-49 and Route B
- Drivers urged to find alternate routes around work zone
- Signs and message boards will alert drivers approaching the work zone
- Check MoDOT’s Traveler Information Map for road closings/traffic impacts
Weather and/or scheduling delays will alter the work schedule.
This contract also includes replacing the Bates County Route B bridge over the Marais des Cygnes River and Bates County Route BB bridge over the South Deepwater Branch east of Butler. Work on Route BB began in early August and is currently underway.