This Holiday season is the time to fill up on some hot cocoa, get in the car with family and friends, and see the many wonderful light displays around the Kansas City metro.
To help you plan a festive evening this holiday season
- Nov. 24 – Dec. 31
- Sunday – Thursday: 5:30 – 10 p.m.
- Friday – Saturday: 5:30 – 11 p.m.
- 3901 SW Longview Park Dr., Lee’s Summit, Missouri
- Admission is free. Voluntary exit donations benefit more than 35 local charities.
Powell Gardens Festival of Lights
- Nov. 11 – Dec. 30
- 4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Wednesday – Sunday
- A mile long walk through path through 25-acres
- The path is ADA compliant, with shorter options available
- Tickets available at Powellgarden.org
Kansas City Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting
- Crown Center Square
- The 100-foot-tall Kansas City Mayor’s Christmas Tree, one of the nation’s tallest, is the centerpiece for an illuminating holiday celebration.
- The Mayor’s Christmas Tree will shine brightly on Crown Center Square from Nov. 26, 2021 through Jan. 3, 2022.
Winter Magic near the KC Zoo in Swope Park
- Nov. 2, 2021 – Jan. 2, 2022
- All traffic must enter the park from 87th Street, then take Blue River Road.
- Starts at twilight every night, only closed New Year’s Eve.
- The drive is one mile long and completely adorned with game-changing holiday light displays.
- Tickets can be purchased online.
Holiday Light and Magic — Wyandotte County Park
- Nov. 18, 2021 – Jan. 1, 2022
- Wyandotte County Park, 600 North 126th Street, Bonner Springs, Kansas
- This is a one-mile-long drive-thru holiday lighting display.
- Check available times at holidaylightandmagic.com
- $25 weekends/$20 weeknights
- Advanced tickets required