Twelve cases of Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Lafayette County Mo (March 29, 2020)
Lafayette County Health Department has confirmed a 7th case of COVID-19, and an additional 5 cases of Covid-19 in Lafayette County. The 7th case is currently hospitalized in another county. The 5 case numbers 8-12 are institutionalized individuals under quarantine at the same location in a closed facility.
The Lafayette County Health Department continues to work with the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) and the CDC to identify and contact all people who may have come into contact with the individual while they were infectious and will monitor them for fever and respiratory symptoms. No further information will be provided about the patient. Recent experience with these newest cases have shown the importance of and the need to strongly re-emphasize the control measures to prevent getting Covid-19. It is absolutely vital that each individual follows these measures.
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
• Stay home if you are sick
• Cover coughs and sneezes using your elbow or shoulder rather than your hands
• Clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces frequently
If you suspect that you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, call your healthcare provider to let them know before seeking care. It is critical that your provider is aware you may have COVID-19 prior to your arrival at a healthcare facility and that you follow all instructions for arriving at a healthcare facility.