Nevada Regional Medical Center (NRMC) announces it will host two new COVID-19 mass vaccine clinics March 3rd and 4th at the Nevada Community Center. The event is by invitation only. NRMC staff are in the process of making calls to schedule individuals registered on its notification list that qualify under the states tiered priority phases. Between the two clinics, there will be a total of 1,000 first doses of the Moderna vaccine given.
Currently, COVID-19 vaccination for Missouri residents is open to the following groups of individuals:
• Healthcare Workers
• Long-Term Care Facility Staff and Residents
Phase 1B – Tier 1:
• First Responders
• Non-Patient Facing Public Health Infrastructure
• Emergency Management and Public Works
• Emergency Services Sector
Phase 1B – Tier 2:
• Anyone aged 65 and older
• Any adult with one or more of the following conditions: Cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Intellectual and/or developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome, Heart Conditions (such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies), Immunocompromised state from a solid organ transplant, Severe Obesity (BMI greater than 40), Pregnancy, Sickle Cell Disease, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
To register for the vaccine notification list, individuals may call NRMC’s 24/7 live vaccine call center at (417) 448-2120 or online at nrmchealth.com/covid19-vaccine. As NRMC and the Vernon County Health Department receive shipments of vaccine in the coming months, the notification list will be used to schedule those interested in taking it.