Press Release from the Butler Fire Department

On Monday, August 23 at 5:11 p.m. the Butler Fire Department was dispatched to the Brockman
residence in the 1700 block of west Mill for a report of a fire in the attic. Upon arrival
smoke was coming from the roof of the residence. The fire was located and extinguished
with fire damage to the kitchen and attic area and smoke damage throughout residence.
Cause of the fire appeared to be accidental in nature. Units were released from the scene at
6:56 p.m.
Assistance was given by Adrian Fire, Butler Police and Bates County EMS. All occupants
were out of the residence upon arrival. There were no injuries.

The Brockman family has been given a house to stay in by another family member, but they will have double the expenses at this time. If you would like to make a donation you can go to Community First Bank and tell them it’s for the Amanda Brockman Love Fund.