Law Enforcement/Firefighter Appreciation Day will take place on Saturday, Aug. 13, showing appreciation to Law Enforcement, Firefighters, EMTs, and Paramedics with FREE admission to the Fair with appropriate I.D. and $1 admission for their immediate family members.
The Missouri State Fair has a great list of events for Saturday, Aug. 13th, including:
- Farm Toy Show from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Lowell Mohler Assembly Hall.
- Livestock shows and competitive exhibit contests include mules, beef cattle, sheep, and barrows; Rooster Crowing Preliminaries; and Home Economic Foods Contests.
- The Budweiser Clydesdales with be on display east of the Mathewson Exhibition Center and will parade the grounds at 5:30 p.m.
- The Military Flag Retreat Ceremony, honoring Roy Sims (Marine Corps), sponsored by Capital Materials, Starline Brass, and Retrieving Freedom, will take place at 5:30 p.m. by the flagpole located in front of the Historic Administration Building.
- A full line up of free entertainment is scheduled including Jerry Frasier, Comic Magician at the Kids Stage, sponsored by Your Local McDonald’s, Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, Hedrick’s Racing Pigs Show, sponsored by Jim’s Tire Service, BMX Pros Trick Team, sponsored by AOK RV’s, Mule Kicker Cloggers on the Touchstone Energy Stage, and more!
- In the State Fair Arena, the MRCA Show-Me State Rodeo starts at 7 p.m. Tickets available for purchase online and at the Missouri State Fair Box Office, while supplies last.
- Sam Hunt will perform with Sean Stemaly at 7:30 p.m. at the State Fair Grandstand, presented by CFM Insurance. Tickets are available for purchase online and at the Missouri State Fair Box Office, while supplies last.
Visit the Aug. 13 Daily Highlights page on the Fair’s website at www.mostatefair.com for a complete schedule.