St. Mary’s School located at 608 Kansas Avenue in Montrose Missouri is seeking a warm and enthusiastic teacher for the 2021-2022 school year. St. Mary’s is a small, accredited school. St. Mary’s is a Catholic faith-based school that prides itself in their strong, positive traditions and relationships with students, families, parishioners, and the Montrose community. Applicants must possess a valid Missouri teaching certificate or be in the process of completing one. The position is hired and evaluated by the principal. To apply see St. Mary’s Catholic School on Facebook for a link.
- The teacher will follow the Diocesan standards to develop and teach curriculum for all subjects.
- The teacher will support and uphold the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Develops and uses effective methods of evaluation that are directly related to curriculum standards and to concepts and skills taught; consistently and effectively evaluate student progress.
- Maintain a supportive and pleasant learning environment.
- Cooperate and work effectively with all staff members to promote positive relationships with students and parents.
- Demonstrate professional responsibility in confidentiality, sound judgment, dress, enforcing diocesan and school policies and general behavior.
- The teacher fulfills the mission of the Catholic Church by planning, guiding, and evaluating the learning process of students within the framework of the school’s philosophy, organization, and curriculum.
- The teacher provides the appropriate learning atmosphere and activities designed to maximize student competencies and skills for intellectual, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual growth.
- A Bachelor Degree in Education from an accredited university
- Applicants must possess a valid Missouri teaching certificate. (Applicants working towards certification will also be considered.)
- Trained in Protecting God’s Children, or willing to be trained
- Ability to utilize technology for instruction and learning