The Vernon County MU Extension Council is seeking a part-time, 20 hours a week, secretary for the Extension office. The office secretary is an employee of the Vernon County University of Missouri Extension Council. The secretary is responsible for a complex variety of secretarial tasks, accounting work and daily office operations. The secretary will be under the supervision of the County Engagement Specialist and Extension Council chairperson.
Duties of the Vernon County MU Extension Office Secretary include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to manage QuickBooks.
- Provide a friendly, cordial diplomatic assistance to all office visitors.
- Ability to manage incoming phone calls.
- Assist with 4-H related tasks.
- Manage program registrations for Extension classes and programs being held in Vernon County.
- Ensuring office is opened and closed in accordance with the established and advertised schedule.
- Manages soil and hay tests, forage lab tests, plant pathology, private applicator licenses and pressure gauge testing-or relays correspondence promptly to appropriate staff
For a more detailed job description, please contact the Vernon County Extension office.
Scheduling will be determined by candidate and the Extension Council with preference on Monday office hours.
Send your resume to the Vernon County MU Extension office, 100 W. Cherry St. Courthouse, Ground Floor, Nevada MO 64772. For questions, call the Extension office at 417-448-2560
This position will close on Friday, May 27th or until filled.