Dear Citizens– Women Legislators of Missouri are encouraging young women set to graduate from high school to apply for a college scholarship. Members hope to spread the word about the scholarship opportunity so that female students from all parts of the state will apply.
The Women Legislators of Missouri Caucus created the senior scholarship program to provide financial assistance to students on the basis of leadership, academics and community service. Candidates must fill out an application and are required to submit a 500-word essay answering the question, “If you were a state legislator, what would you hope to accomplish and why?” A link to download the scholarship is located at http://bit.ly/molegwomen.
The submission deadline is Thursday, March 24, 2022.The group will select recipients and then hold a reception in their honor on Monday, April 25, at the Missouri State Capitol. Scholarships will be presented to the recipients in the Missouri House Chamber. For further information, contact my office at Patricia.Pike@house.mo.gov or call 573-751-5388 .
Supplemental Budget Bill: Governor Mike Parson has signed the Fiscal Year (FY) 2022 supplemental budget bill, HB 3014passed by the General Assembly. The bill allows for current operations of state government to continue through FY 2022.
- HB 3014 totals over $4.6 billion, including $401.5 million in general revenue, $4.1 billion in federal funds, and $45.3 million in other funds. The supplemental budget bill includes funding for several high priority areas: A statewide pay plan for state team members, including a 5.5 percent cost of living adjustment
- $1.9 billion for distribution to local public school districts
- Nearly $100 million for distribution to non-public schools
- $444 million for child care services
- $219 million for school food programs
- Funding for MO HealthNet, including funding to ensure eligibility re-determinations are done in a timely manner
For more information, contact Representative Patricia Pike at Patricia.Pike@house.mo.gov or call573-751-5388.